Reporting

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jun 11 09:31:35 EDT 2008

Hello,

I would like to confirm that the Net Worth bar chart and other reports
actually do what I think they should. I have multiple currencies and
soon I'll start buying some stocks. I want to confirm that the reported
value of my assets and liabilities for each month reflects the price of
the currency (or stock) for that month. In other words:

Suppose I have 1000 CAD and 1000 GBP and my reporting currency is CAD.
In April the exchange rate is 1.9 CAD equals 1 GBP. In May it is 2 CAD
equals 1 GBP. I would expect that the net worth chart should tell me
that in April I had $2900 CAD and in May I had $3000 CAD. So the "asset"
bar would be a little higher in May than in April (assuming nothing else
changed).

Is this how the reporting tools work?

Similarly, if in June I buy stock XYZ for $1000 and in July it is worth
$1050, will this difference be reflected in the chart? In other words,
all other things being equal, the asset bar should be $50 bigger in July
than in June. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniel.