Opening the right set of accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jun 15 11:04:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting Manfred Jung <mjung at ccm.org.za>:

> Hi All
>
> Gnu Cash is a great help! Thanks to all those who mad it a reality.
>
> I have more than one set of accounts. (Books of different entities
> [Company, organisation, Private books]

How many sets do you have?

> Whenever I open GnuCash ist opens the last set of accounts, which is
> usually the wrong one. So I have to open another set of accounts and go
> through all the steps (Ctrl-o, navigate, close the loaded book, etc).

You're certainly in the exception case here.  For the majority of
users this is the correct behavior.

Do you have more that four sets of accounts?  You could just use
File -> <filename> for the four most recent files!

> Is there a way to have an icon with each set of accounts and then just
> open the right one?

Maybe?  "gnucash <filename>" certainly works from the commmandline.