Suddenly I cannot open my gnucash files anymore

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 18 11:29:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

"Gilberto Reis Filho" <boneco at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, suddenly my gnucash files stopped working. I get an error: Can't
> parse the URL........
>
> I am using gnucash portable 2.2.5 from portable apps on a windows XP machine
> with all updates. I attached the file so you can take a look if you are
> interested. I would appreciate some help on opening this file again.

The data file you sent doesn't look like anything.  It's not
a GnuCash XML data file, nor is it GZipped.  Is it encrypted?
"file" certainly doesn't say what it is, other than "data".
It's completely unrecognized.

Try going to a backup file?