sharing the gnucash database via nfs

Allan Gottlieb gottlieb at nyu.edu
Thu Jun 26 19:04:24 EDT 2008

(I apologize if this is a duplicate, I could not tell if my first
attempt was successful).

First and foremost, thanks for gnucash.  I use it daily with great
success.

Previously I did everything on a single machine (laptop) called
ajglap.

I now have a spiffy monitor that requires a better graphics card so
I sometimes use a desktop called allan.

At the moment on allan I type
   ssh -Y ajglap gnucash
and this works well.

If possible I would prefer to avoid sending the graphics over the
network.

On ajglap I have ~/.gnucash and all is fine.

On allan I have ajglap:~gottlieb nfs mounted on ~gottlieb/ajglap
and then created a symlink
    ~gottlieb/.gnucash --> ~gottlieb/ajglap/.gnucash

(i.e. ~/.gnucash is the same directory on each machine).

On ajglap all remains well.

On allan the symlink had essentially no effect: typing
   gnucash
results in my being asked the usual new-user questions.

How should I have done this?

thanks in advance for any help and thanks again for gnucash.

allan