Keeps crashing

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Fri Jun 27 12:10:32 EDT 2008

On June 26, 2008 01:44:34 pm Dennis wrote:
> Is there a forum for GNUCASH?

Yes, in the sense that this mailing list provides a place to ask questions,
get help, etc. There is no web based forum, however, if that's what you're
asking.

If you want to look at archives, go to this url...
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists
and you will where the archives are.

> It keeps crashing and I reload and can't get my transaction entries
> back. Account ledger windows are empty.

It's going to be difficult for anyone to offer meaningful advice without more
information about what you are using - what operating system, what
distribution, what version of gnucash, etc.

> What is the name of the file that stores the information? That is what
> is the qif equivqlent in gnucash.

The file that stores the information is labeled as the name you gave the
account. Typically you will find a number of files - the current one and a
number of backup versions. So if you called the account MyAccount, that's
what the Gnucash file should be labelled.

Bob.

--
bob at rsmits.ca (Robert Smits)

``Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation of
  a race car about either its pitch or roll axis''  -- Carroll Smith