GnuCash 2.2.4 Released

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Mar 4 14:13:25 EST 2008

On Tuesday 4 March 2008 09:20:41 Roland Giesler wrote:

> I was really hoping that the printing "bug" would be fixed.  One
> cannot (at least when running on Ubuntu) select the font for a
> printed report.  The onscreen font can be set, but printing is always
> in Serif and because the font is bigger than then onscreen font, the
> edge is cut off on the right.  I just upgraded a Feisty machine to
> Gutsy, to be able to run 2.2.3, but it still behaves in the same way!

It's not a printing bug, as I understand it.  It's an unfortunate
feature of GtkHTML.  To make it print correctly, what you need to do is
Export the report, and edit it - I use Midnight Commander - to add the
following in the <BODY> tag:  style="font-family: helvetica; font-size:
9pt", so it looks like this:
<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff" style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 9pt">.
That makes it readable, and it fits the page well.
If you want to use a serified font like Times, you'll probably find you
need to use 10pt or 11pt.

Good luck

Cam

--