Importing Investment Portfolio qif

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 17 16:10:10 EDT 2008

I have run a trial import of a qif file I created from Quicken data.  I
get error messages re 'Action' (i.e. qif 'N') in my creation.  And then
the whole thing fails.

A few questions please:
1. Can you please point me to where I can find a listing of the
correct/optimum qif data GnuCash can use.
2. My qif (below) is obviously wrong.  Does it need major surgery?
3. Will it be okay to import Investment data along will other data in
the import function or should I first run my accounts and then
investments separately?

This is an excerpt of my (failed) qif:
!Type:Invst
D03/03/2005