Price Source for Mutual Fund and Stock

Yogesh Agrawal agrawaly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:25:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Yogesh Agrawal" <agrawaly at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question regarding the price for mutual fund and stock, that
> show
> > up on different reports like balance sheet.
> >
> > There are three options
> > 1) Weighted Average
> > 2) Nearest in time
> > 3) Most recent
> >
> > I have two entries in the mutual fund
> >
> > 1) 117.428 unit @ 53.98       = 6338.76
> > 2) 135.725 unit @ 191.628   = 26008.77
> >
> > When I select Weighted average I see total of
> >
> > 253.153 unit and total amount as 29286.59
> >
> > But when I select "nearest in time" or "most recent" I see
> > total amount as 48511.20
> >
> > Yes I have two entry in the price editor one for 53.98 (dated
> 04/19/2004)
> > and another for 191.628 (dated 01/11/2008)
>
> That's correct, nearest in time and most recent use pricedb entries.
> The most recent entry and the nearest in time entry are all 191.628,
> so 191.628 * 253.153 == 48511.20.  So THAT is correct.

I understand recent entry, but not the nearest in time, if nearest in time
is  nearest to
the current date, then in that case most recent and nearest in time will
always come same,
If nearest in time is something else, then I don't know what it is?

--
"Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time"- Margaret Bonnano

Text : 15103257640 at mobile.mycingular.com

Blogs