Reconciliation window: closing balance distorted and reconciliation date

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Fri May 2 04:16:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

the following problems occur after opening the reconciliation window:

1. Closing balance inappropriate when reconciliation date is before date
of advanced transactions already reconciled:

I have transactions in advance I manually enter (e.g., transfer from
liability undue to liability due at some due date in the future).
Certainly I do reconcile these transactions as they are supposed to be
frozen in GC.

When the reconciliation date is *before* the due date of the advanced
booking _already reconciled_, then the closing balance includes it. This
makes it impossible to reduce the difference to zero.

I can avoid this happening by choosing the reconciliation date after any
due dates which is recorded in GC. This is not what I want it to do,
since this date is somehow artificial to make GC letting me pass. I
prefer the proper reconciliation date recorded.

The starting balance appears to be always correct.

BTW: Another example for "advanced transactions": Online banking
transactions when the value date (given by the bank) is after the
transaction date.

2. The default date is not the current date - _sometimes_. Does GC store
the date when it was manually changed? If so how can GC "forget" this
information?

If needed I can file a bug report to 1. and/or 2.

--
Best wishes,
J.

GC v2.2.5/WinXP