Export to QSF XML

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat May 3 10:52:40 EDT 2008

Jannick Asmus <jannick.news at gmail.com> writes:
> exporting to QSF XML gives me an empty file as a result after my
> notebook almost took off because GC-bin.exe was so busy. ;)
>
> Funny that there is nothing noted in the .trace-file.
>
> Is it true that the output can be imported to GC?

No, while the QSF exporter can be buggy, the importer was *extremely* buggy.

We should really turn off all the QSF-related stuff.  It seems like it's
net-negative value. :(

> This could be used for year end closing and setting up the chart of
> accounts including the opening balance entries for the new fiscal year.
> Or am I missing something here?

The QSF export can not; what gave you that impression?

See
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Is_there_book-closing_support.2C_yet.3F>
for details about book closing.  Note that there is a "Close Book" feature in
the Tools menu since 2.2.4.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}