Sign reversal in transaction report

Scott Wood scott at buserror.net
Sat May 3 14:07:40 EDT 2008

When running a transaction report on a liability account, gnucash
gives the option to reverse signs -- but it does this only on the
individual transactions and transaction total, not on the running
balance.

Is there any way to get the running balance to show positive numbers
for positive liabilities, as it does in the account panel when credit
accounts are reverse-balanced?  It'd be nice if the debit/credit
headings in the report followed the account-type as well
(decrease/increase, etc).

This is complicated by the transaction report supporting multiple
accounts, which may be of different types, but all I really want is
to provide activity on a single account during a given interval in a
form that I can export as HTML.  Maybe there should be a separate
single-account report type for this, or maybe the transaction report
could detect when only a single account type is included?

Is there another standard report that's closer to what I'm looking
for?

-Scott