amend transactions programmatically

Russell Gadd russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 18:42:01 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Russell Gadd <russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> The only problem with amending the wiki it is that I haven't actually
>> used this whereas I have done what I have described in the wiki. Maybe I
>> should add a caveat somewhere rather than put it in the main instruction
>> list?
>
> Nah.  Just add the --prefix=/opt/gnucash and be done with it.

If I was reading it I'd want to know it worked as it was written.

I am puzzled by one aspect. How does the menu system find the binary and
  docs? I seem to remember that when I compiled it I had to run the
binary from its location, but on reboot it magically appeared in the
Gnome menus. If I add the --prefix to install in /opt/gnucash-2.2.4 will
this still happen?

Also do I install the docs with
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash-docs-2.2.0
which is a separate location and how will gnucash find these?

Would be pleased if you would take a look and see if this is a problem.

Russell