Mortgage transaction issue

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sat May 17 14:33:07 EDT 2008

I have a scheduled transaction to record my monthly mortgage payment
in my checking account. It was set up using the 'Mortgage and Loan
Repayment' item in the 'Scheduled Transactions' submenu. I
occasionally have to adjust the recorded transactions, because they
create an Imbalance item of $.01, due to rounding (we've discussed
that previously). What I'm seeing is that the transactions are no
longer correctly following the amortization schedule, but are instead
recording constant amounts for principle and interest. Perhaps this is
a side-effect of my manual tweaking of the transactions? If so, that
strikes me as incorrect behavior. Derek? Josh?

(I'm running 2.2.5 on an up-to-date Gentoo system.)

/Don