Online banking wizard

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 2 23:05:13 EST 2008

On Nov 2, 2008, at 4:37 PM, David Reiser wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Marty Fix wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> 	I am trying to setup the online banking using the online banking
>> wizard.  I am following the directions on the GnuCash website for
>> setting up OFXDirectConnect.  I get to the point where the "Start
>> Online Banking Wizard" window has the "Start AqBanking Wizard" button
>> on it.  When I click the button, I get what appears to be the wizard
>> window.  The window title has the X11 symbol and "Configuration".  I
>> see four tabs across the top and one buttton bottom left and three
>> more bottom right.  The text in the field of the window, on the tabs,
>> and on the buttons is unreadable.  It is mostly collection of dots
>> that make no visible letters.  In the terminal window I get the
>> following message
>>
>> 3:2008/11/02 15-44-13:aqbanking(890):qbanking.cpp:  420: No Qt
>> translation found for your language en
>>
>> I am running gnucash 2.2.7 on Mac OS 10.5 installed using fink.  I
>> searched the archives but did not find a solution to this issue.
>
> I think you have a problem with your gnome fonts. It might be in qt
> config (that's not the right name, but I can't recall what the real
> name is).
>
> I'll see if I can dredge up the solution.
>>

>> Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>> 			Marty

I did find my run-in with similar behavior.

I had a corrupt qtrc file, which lives in /Users/{shortusername}/.qt/
qtrc

Two things to try. Run qtconfig. See if you can read enough of its
interface to select a default font that you can read in the abanking
wizard.

If the fonts in qtconfig are too screwed up, you'll have to try to
renaming or deleting qtrc and run qtconfig again. I would hope that it
would create a new qtrc, but I can't promise that it will.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net