bank info for online set up wizard

Girard Aquino girardaquino at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:06:23 EST 2008

David Reiser wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2008, at 8:30 PM, Jerome Bias wrote:
>

>> I am new to gnucash and I am having trouble setting up the trying to
>> set
>> up the online banking section of the program.  I don't know how to get
>> the information needed for the setup wizard.  My bank is set up to
>> have
>> online access, but primarily through Quicken and MS Money.  When I
>> asked
>> for the information that the set up wizard asked me to obtain from my
>> bank I was told to look for a pull down list of identified banks.  I
>> was
>> told that they had not heard of Gnucash, but if Gnucash contacted them
>> that they would be willing to release the information.  Help.  I am a
>> little lost here.
>>
>> Jerome
>>

> Start with the wiki:
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings
>
> Dave
> --
> David Reiser
> dbreiser at earthlink.net

does this mean that only those listed are the one's that would work with
gnucash? i am in canada and have my account at atb financial. right now,
what i do is login to my online account, download the transaction
history as a qfx, and then load this in gnucash. i also monitor my
wife's account on a single profile in gnucash (so i always get the
combined household income and expense) and credit card/s as well. so i'd
have to login to her account and do the same thing. is there a more
efficient way of doing this?