Trouble importing Penson (ThinkOrSwim) OFX/QFX

Tom Vrankar twv at cox.net
Sat Oct 4 10:27:17 EDT 2008

I haven't been able to import OFX (and QFX) files downloaded from Penson
Financial (clearing firm for ThinkOrSwim -- new account for me). The
file is read, the wizard asks me to touch up some security info (like
the exchange), I assign a transaction to Equity, and nothing but the
initial Equity shows up. No funds, no Stocks, no cash. The OFX/QFX files
have a lot of stuff in them (one giant line of XML). Has anyone seen
this before? Any clues on what to try next? I was letting the wizard
create the account structure in GNC; is that okay?

							twv@