gnucash evaluation

Travis Hagglund thagglund at korsa.ca
Fri Oct 17 13:21:26 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a small business which provides services.  I am looking at
gnucash as a possible accounting software.  I work out of my home and
would like to include a portion of house expenses such as utilities,
insurance, etc.  I know you can set these expense accounts up easily,
but can you apportion only part of the expenses to the business, or
would you have to enter only the portion you want entered as a business
expense?

Another example would be vehicle expenses.  You do not know the
percentage of personal to business use for the vehicle until the end of
the year, so how would you enter and account for the appropriate vehicle
expenses to apply to the business?

Any advice on how others handle this is appreciated.

--
Travis Hagglund P.Eng., CFEI, CVFI
Korsa Engineering
thagglund at korsa.ca