Can't enter data when starting in an expense account (instead of liability or asset account)

jgombos nabble.forum.jog at spamgourmet.com
Fri Oct 24 15:54:13 EDT 2008

When entering a new transaction in an expense account, I create a line item
like "Liabilities:Credit Card:Some Bank", and enter the charges on the
rebate line.  I also fill in a line for the actual expense, of course.

The first problem is, when right clicking on the expense line and choosing
'exchange rate', nothing happens; the dialog box just goes away.  (that's
not a problem if entry begins in the liability account side of the
transaction first)

The second problem is the liability account gets the record without values,
and doesn't accept values.