Crediting a customer

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Fri Oct 24 19:23:42 EDT 2008

Nigel Titley wrote:

> I've got a customer who has overpaid. His cheque has been credited and
> reconciled. I now need to make a credit back to his account and write
> him a cheque. I can't think of a way of doing it. I've tried making a
> negative payment to his account but this isn't allowed, and I've tried
> raising a negative invoice and neither is this.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can do this?

I have resorted to hacking the XML directly(!).

At some point I will have some time to hunt down the piece of code that
stops you having a negative invoice value and removing it, because as it
stands now, no customer can ever be refunded, and no vendor can have
goods returned to them.

Regards,
Graham