Queries

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 14 10:15:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

Sebastian Held <sebastian.held at gmx.de> writes:

> Am Freitag 10 April 2009 17:56:51 schrieb Satish Desai:
>> Could you please advise on the following:
>>

>>    1. How do I open a root shell and run the command “gnc-fq-update”.
>>    2. I have version 2.2.6, how do I upgrade to 2.2.9.
>>    3. Is there a simple upgrade button in Gnucash to do the above two and
>>    future updates.
>>    4. Commodity stock displays as number of shares for currency other than
>>    base under Total column but does not display the foreign currency amount
>> as well. Is there a way to display number of shares as well as the monetary
>> value.
>>
>> Many thanks
>
> 1.
> root-shell on windows:
> cmd.exe
>
> root-shell on unix:
> sudo /bin/sh

However on Windows you don't need to run this manually -- just run
the option in the Start -> All Programs -> GnuCash menu to install
your quote grabber.  You'll need to install ActivePerl first.

> 2.
> which os/distro?
>
> 3.
> no (not that I know)

Correct, GnuCash has no auto-update feature.  Nor does it have
a "check for updates" feature.   Adding this would be an interesting
project for some up-and-coming developer.

> 4.
> don't know (anyone?)

Sure, add the column "Total in (Base Currency)".