GnuCash email server on Barracuda "bad" list

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 26 09:00:05 EDT 2009

Due to some brain-damage, Barracuda Reputation System believes that
code.gnucash.org is a spam source and we're on the "poor" list.
So if you (or your email system) use barracuda as your spam filter,
it will block all email coming from the gnucash server (which also
means you wont see this message).

I'm working to get us off the list, but Barracuda is performing some
(IMHO possibly illegal) activities by requiring domain administrators
to pay $20/year to keep themselves on a domain whitelist.  Me, I
consider that extortion, so I'd rather just figure out another way
to work around the system.

But I wanted to send you all mail to let you know.

If you haven't received mail in the past few days, that's probably
why.  Even worse, the mail is bouncing back so mailman will possibly
remove your account in another few days due to excessive bounces.

Unfortunately my inroads into Barracuda is at his father's funeral
so it might not get handled quickly.  :(