Installing on OS X Leopard - Build Error

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:31:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Lenore Horner
<LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2009, at 13:21 , Christopher Stamper wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install GNU Cash on my macbook using macports (Quartz
> version), following the instructions on the website.
>
> After running 'sudo port install gnucash', I get the following error:
>
> ** The libgnutls-config script installed by LIBGNUTLS could not be found
>
> *** If LIBGNUTLS was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
>
> *** your path, or set the LIBGNUTLS_CONFIG environment variable to the
>
> *** full path to libgnutls-config.
>
> configure: error:
>
>    **** Libgnutls is required for Gwenhywfar. Please install it (including
>
> devel packages)

> I've spent probably an hour on google, and it looks like I'm not the only
> one with this problem. The package 'gnutls' is installed on my machine. I
> tried installing libgnutls and libgnutls-config, but port just claims it's
> an invalid package.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I didn't install gwenhywfar when I did quartz gnucash.  However, I do have
> gnutls installed.  I did
> locate libgnutls

Tried sudo locate and got an error message:

'locate: `/var/db/locate.database': No such file or directory'

At any rate, gnutls is installed. And lingnutls is not installed. I looked
in the directories you mentioned, and couldn't find any libgnutls-config
files.

The version of gnutls you have installed is old; I've got 2.8.3. I read
somewhere that the whole libgnutls-config thing got depriciated since then,
so that could explain why I don't have it.

Maybe there's a way for me to get the old one?

Thanks!

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com