entry transaction not only at bottom

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:14:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Daniel Trezub<daniel3ub at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am searching the archives for this list, looking for some of my ideas of
> improvement for GC. I've found this email, from some time ago:
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2003-November/009076.html
>
> This is something that really bugs me. Is there any way to ask developers to
> reconsider this design decision? ;)

(To summarize for people who don't want to follow the link-- the
message is a response to a person who wants to continue to see
transactions entered out of order, and NOT have them "disappear" once
they are entered (because they instantly sort to the register's sort
order).

How do you feel about the solution proposed in that message? Changing
the register's sort order to Date Entered seems like it would address
your concern completely.

Are you concerned that it's difficult to discover how to display the
Date Entered field on the register?

Are you concerned that you have to remember to change the sort order
back, or that the sort order setting appears ambiguous?