Wishlist: All duplicated imported transactions in one expanded window

Daniel Trezub daniel3ub at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:23:30 EDT 2009

When importing a QIF file over an existing account, the importer can find
some duplicated transactions.

The user has, then, to click on the imported transaction on the left panel
of the window, click on the appropriate transaction on the right panel that
matches the imported one, and so on for every duplicated imported
transaction.

When importing a large number of transactions with a large number of
duplicates, this work can get very time consuming.

One way to make things better is to show all duplicated transactions and
their respective guesses in one big scrollable window, so the user can see
at a glance every imported transaction AND their duplicate guesses, clicking
on the matching transactions only.

Another idea would be import the transactions into a "maybe duplicated
transactions" account or something like this. The view for this account
would be the transactions list with the imported ones in one line over the
duplicated guesses in the following lines, with the ability to check the
matching transactions. Something like a tree view, but without the need to
expand it.

Am I clear? :P

What do you think? Give me your ideas so I can file this one in Bugzilla.

Thanks, guys! Keep up the great job with GnuCash!

=====
Daniel
http://dantrez.deviantart.com
http://www.bandofgamers.com.br