Now happy with GC

BPG bigskypa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:56:47 EST 2009

I changed from a Windows system to Ubuntu (dual boot...just in case).

GC runs very quickly on a Linux system and there were just too many problems
with running it on Windows.

I've solved the Aqbanking problems by simply not using it....or trying to
use it.  It's not as easy to download QIF's from the banks and credit cards
but it's a lot more fun using a great program as GC is instead of Quicken
($$$).

I've spent about 20 hours using GC (mostly completely frustrated using
Windows).  The learning curve, as they call it, is very short when using GC
or Ubuntu.

GC is very easy to use.  I think the most confusing part of GC is being told
"it's dual entry accounting".  That in and of itself sounds intimidating.