Install question

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Tue Dec 1 15:26:41 EST 2009

On Dec 1, 2009, at 18:49 , Camille Goulet wrote:

> I hope I have the right list.

Hi Camille.  You do have the right list.

> I tried downloading and installing different versions of gnucash to my Mac running OSX 10.5.  Each install seemed to give me a japanese version of the software on the main window although some of the other initial windows looked like english with bad fonts.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Is it something in the way my machine is configured?  I'll try downloading into windows.

It sounds like a problem on your machine.  I'm a recent convert to Mac, and downloaded the latest stable version, 2.2.9 I think it is, a couple or three weeks ago, after having used the same version of GC for some time on my Ubuntu machine.  It seems to work ok on the Mac, but I do take a lot of backups to be on the safe side.  My problem was that the menus, buttons, etc were in Swedish, although everything on my computer is in English.  This turned out to be because, living in Sweden, some of my locale settings - currency, date and time formats and so on - are the Swedish ones.  A relatively simply edit of one of the files in the GC package fixed that.

Is it possible that something similar has happened in your case?  If you open a terminal window and type locale, what comes up?  Not that I can probably help more, but the information might help someone else.