help installing finance quote mac snow leopard

Martin Cunningham martin.cunningham at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:24:39 EST 2009

Hello - is a detailed guide available for troubleshooting installation
of finance::quote? i have tried my best to follow some fairly
technical discussions that involved installing macports, logging in as
root and other things and just feel a bit out of my depth on this
stuff. i just did log in as root and tried running 'gnc-fq-update' in
terminal and got a 'command not recognized' error. does this mean i
have to install macports again?

Martin