No printer?

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Tue Dec 15 15:26:27 EST 2009

Hi, I feel incredibly stupid.

I am running GC 2.2.9 on a Mac.  I'm relatively new to the Mac.  I've been using 2.2.9 on linux before, and I remember printing out reports without a problem.

Now I wanted to print my first report on the Mac.  I have my trusty Brother laser printer as the default printer on the Mac, directly connected via USB.  But when I press the print button or choose File/Print Report, there is no default printer and I can't find anywhere to add one.  I've been in under GnuCash/ Preferences and there's nothing on the Printing tab except something about print date format, print block characters.

I checked the documentation and the FAQ but found nothing about how to configure the printer.  So if someone can give me a hint, I'd be very grateful.

TIA

//James