Sales Tax with GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 16 11:13:14 EST 2009

Hi,

Just a note: A Tax Table can have multiple entries, and each entry can
have its own account.  So for example you can have a Tax Table named
State-County-Town and have three taxes in it that each go to their own
account.  So for example your tax table could look like:

  Sales Tax State-County-Town
    5%          Liabilities:Taxes:Sales:State
    2%          Liabilities:Taxes:sales:County
    1%          Liabilities:Taxes:sales:Town

Then on the invoice you just use the "Sales Tax State-County-Town" Tax
Table and the appropriate taxes will be filed into the appropriate
accounts.

Admittedly this gets to be problematic if you have lots of combinations
that you need to enumerate.

-derek