Fwd: Troubles with price retrieval

Doug Brown toquehead at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 12:51:58 EST 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Doug Brown <toquehead at gmail.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Oops. Typo. Yes the source is stockhousecanada_fund, and that is what I used
>> with gnc-fq-dump and in GC.
>>
>> If I use the correct source, gnc-fq-dump works fine for me:
>>
>> C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-helper
>> (stockhousecanada_fund "cho304")
>> (("cho304" (symbol . "cho304") (gnc:time-no-zone . "2009-12-11 12:00:00")
>> (last . 14.9602) (currency . "CAD")))
>>

> This looks fine to me.  This should work just fine from GnuCash!
> Make sure you have this correct quote source and symbol set up
> in your stock editor.
>
> The only other question I would have is whether you have multiple
> versions of gnucash installed on your system?

I have only 1 version of gnucash installed on two computers. My gc xml
file is on a TrueCrypt drive on one of said computers - the work
computer accesses via the Lan. I encounter the same error on both
computers (and they both used to work). One is a work computer and one
is personal, so they have quite different software installs, but some in
common (Firefox, Thunderbird, GnuCash, ...).

Perhaps I'll try uninstalling GC and Perl and starting over.

d.