Any tips to improve performance?

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Sat Dec 26 15:33:31 EST 2009

gnucash takes a long time to load initially or generate reports. I'm
storing data on a local hard drive and it's a pretty modern computer (4
GB RAM, dual-core 2 GHz CPU, solid state hard drive). Generating a cash
flow report, for example, can take more than a minute. This is true both
under Windows and Linux.

I was hopeful the new SQL backend might improve things, so just upgraded
to the testing version and saved to MySQL. In fact, everything is slower
now.

Is this standard for someone with a substantial financial history (going
back to 2002)? Am I missing something?