Online Update of prices is dead

Stephan Pouh smpouh at gmx.at
Sat Feb 7 02:04:01 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

for some strange reason GC's online quote update (Finance::Quote) stopped
working (under FC10) when it was updated from 2.2.7 to 2.2.8. I tried it again
under Ubuntu in a virtual machine where it stopped working as well after the
update.
The error message is:
"There was a system error while retrieving the price quotes."

All the online help I found did not get me any results that were usable. I
also tried to downgrade to 2.2.7, but no luck either.

Does anybody have any suggestions regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Stephan