Generate Invoice and track down payment for work?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 19 18:27:09 EST 2009

GnuCash cannot do what you want.

I suggest you create the "deposit request" (invoice) by hand outside
of GnuCash.   When they pay you can still use Process Payment.  Then
as you post invoices it will use up the prepayment until they reach the
$250 and then it will show them how much is really due.

-derek