Managing U.S. Flexible Spending Accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 21:03:42 EST 2009

Aha! Thank you for these clarifications! I will have to fix this in my records. I will probably not worry about the sub-accounts under the liability account, since the FSA doesn't make any distinctions on the types of medical expenditures it pays on. If I do it this way, I assume that the need for the two transactions you describe goes away--right?

I agree that these FSA accounts are hell, but we definitely have no problem expending the FSA dollars, so it is worth it from that perspective.

Again, thanks for your clarifications.

David