billing

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jan 12 20:46:56 EST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I am having difficulty discovering where in gnucash I can charge for
> > services to customers.  I expected to find it under
> > "business->customer->new job."  I have checked the gnu-wiki and other
> > online resources to no avail.  Can you tell me where I can enter fees for
> > billable services that will then show up on an invoice?
>
> business -> customer -> new invoice
>
> > Thank you,

'New job' is optional. It may suit your way of working, or it may be overkill.
Start with business > customer > new customer
do this carefully, make sure that the tax is set correctly and all the
addresses entered
when the customer is entered then come back to
> business -> customer -> new invoice
ignore the invoice ID unless you are continuing another set of numbers.
Gnucash will auto number

After making the new invoice
Save
then post the invoice, checking the due date
Save
Now you can make a Printable Invoice
Save
then from the printable invoice you can print to file (eg make pdf to email)
or print on paper.

--
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?