importing pdf-invoices from email

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Jul 1 09:59:20 EDT 2009

I'm somewhat language-ambivalent.  At this point, gnucash is in C, so I'm working in C.  I wonder, though, if there isn't some way we can leverage the work Marcus is doing.  I haven't looked at your jgnucashlib.  If we were to wrap the gnucash engine and qof using jni, could we supply you with the backend and engine objects, and you could write your java stuff on top of that?  We could also use some of the design/architecture you have to better improve gnucash.  Your class hierarchy, for example, might help shape an equivalent gobject-based class hierarchy in gnucash for some new feature. It wouldn't be as much leverage and reuse as it would be if you would code directly for gnucash, but it would allow cross-fertilization of ideas.

Phil