File Restoration

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 14 17:28:10 EDT 2009

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but the shortcut only lists
the target and location (~\gnucash\bin\gnucash.cmd).  I have tried
starting the program not using the shortcut with the same results.
I have another copy of Gnucash on my notebook so I opened the new file
from a flash drive on that computer.  I then made some minor data
changes, saved them, closed the program, and rebooted.  Everything
worked fine.  I then transferred the custom reports from the .gnucash
that didn't work and everything still worked fine.
I then copied the .gconf, .gnucash, and the data file from the notebook
to the original computer and everything appears to work fine at the
moment after shutdown and rebooting.  I have no idea what is different
with the files that run now.  There is something unstable with one of
these files but I don't know enough about the program to find what is
changing.
I don't believe I have permanently solved anything and expect a similar
problem will come up again.  This is similar to a problem I had when the
program wouldn't start at all which was solved in the same manner with
the notebook.
Thanks for your interest in my unsolved mystery.
Mike