GnuCash 2.3.2 + MySQL on Windows

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 05:21:55 EDT 2009

2009/7/20 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> Ken <kmailuk at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi. I just tried GnuCash 2.3.2 in Windows with MySQL as the storage
>> database. It worked really well.  I love the simplicity and being able
>> to look through the database to see how data is stored (and
>> potentially add/edit data directly in the tables).  I think when the
>> production version of this comes out I'll be ready to firmly move away
>>>From Quicken and to GnuCash for good.  I wanted to say "thanks, and
>> keep up the fantastic work" to all the developers on this project.
>
> Note that we do not support you adding or editing data directly
> in the database.  You may destroy your data in doing so.  YMMV.

Could you clarify this please?  Do you mean that if I edit the data
directly in the database and make a mistake in editing it so that the
data is not valid (possibly because I do not understand the format
fully), that the data may be destroyed, or do you mean that even if
the edited data is fully valid that  gnucash will somehow know that it
did not enter the data and that the data may be destroyed?

Colin