Modify Invoice Templates

Paul Kruger paul at paulkruger.us
Tue Jul 21 16:35:17 EDT 2009

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS...the program is great EXCEPT for poor invoice
capabilities which makes in not-usable for most businesses.  There is no way
I can see any accountant trying to struggle with designing and printing
invoices with Gnucash unless he is also a graduate computer programmer.
Daisy the secretary will be totally lost.

This seems to have been an on going flaw in Gnucash re Printing and
Invoices.  I can't imagine any business user being able to use Gnucash given
the current lack of development in this area.  Printing an invoice is a
primary and most important function for any accounting program used in
business.

A personal home account user may never need to print an invoice. If that is
the only audience, this is ok.

I am trying to get rid of Windows and Quickbooks but absent any means to set
up a standard default invoice and print it, Gnucash falls far short on that
one account. It is a fatal flaw !

Everything else is in place and I like the program but it remains a no-go
until I can lay out my invoice and print it.

Suggestion:

Use standard HTML and CSS files for templates then place the code to print
the data where needed.  That way almost anyone can edit templates or offer
various template designs for download for non-html people. You are already
set to output as html so why not use the same HTML as a template?

:teeth: