Pb in installing gnucash

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 14:50:06 EDT 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 2:15 PM, Xavier LAROSE wrote:

> I have tried to instal "gnucash2" or "gnucash2-" with the command
> "instal package from source" and i has failed (see message in the
> attached capture "fink failure tetex base") either with tetex base
> or with 2 of three other proposals made at the beginning (cf.
> capture attached "fink options").

"gnucash2-" is really gnucash2-shlibs, but your fink commander columns
are too narrow. You're going to need gnucash2 as well as gnucash2-
shlibs, and gnucash2 installations force the installation of the -
shlibs file if it isn't already there. So just worry about installing
gnucash2.

> Would you have another way of instal gnucash2 ?

I'd just use a plain Terminal window and type in

fink install gnucash2

Despite the fact that tetex-base failed on your last pass, it might
work running the install again. But if it fails, then the error
message I need to see is a ways above what you included in the
screenshot -- after the last compiler command (line starts with
"gcc ...").

The other option is to just install tetex first:

fink install tetex-base

and deal with errors there before running 'fink install gnucash2' again.

While I'm the gnucash2 maintainer in Fink, you can get help from a lot
of folks, many much more knowledgeable about fink package
installations than I am, on the fink-beginners mailing list.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net