Upgrade Gnucash from 2.2.5 to 2.2.9

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 4 10:30:46 EDT 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 4:27 AM, Xavier LAROSE wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am running Mac OS X 10.5 and I use Gnucash with Fink.
> I have just completed the installation and thought I had the latest
> version since the updates have been downloaded from Fink, but I
> realize that there is a 2.2.9 version on the site gnucash.org.
>
> Why has it not been automatically updated with Fink?
> If possible, how to switch to the new version?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help
>
> Xavier LAROSE

You are probably only using the stable tree in fink. 2.2.9 has been
available in the unstable tree since a couple days after its release.
It uses newer pieces of gnome than were available in stable until 2
weeks ago. However, last night 2.2.9 moved from unstable to stable, so
you should be able to

fink selfupdate
fink update gnucash2

to get 2.2.9. Be prepared for it to take a while for all the newer
pieces of gnome and aqbanking to get built before gnucash is actually
updated.

If you want to have access to newer versions of gnucash sooner, run

fink configure

and answer yes to the question about enabling the unstable tree.

Unstable is an unfortunate choice of names -- things have been tested
there, but not by a large population of users, so fink lets them sit
there for a while to see if things go wrong.  If I start using any
newer dependencies, I have to wait for those to move to stable before
I can move gnucash. Gnome parts are pretty slow to move to stable.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net