Price Update Error

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 6 15:14:39 EDT 2009

When I tried to set up bank transaction download a dialog said I needed
to download some QT software which I did and have had trouble since. The
problem was that GnuCash wouldn't start.  I uninstalled the  new
software which didn't solve it so then uninstalled GnuCash and
reinstalled it.  The startup works now but I can't update stock and
mutual fund prices. I have run the "Install online Price Retrieval" and
it said it was successful.  When I run the "Get Quotes" from the "Price
Editor" I get a dialog box that says "There was an unknown error while
retrieving the price quotes".  I am running version 2.2.9 on Windows XP SP3.
There must be something I missed in the new installation so how can I
troubleshoot and fix this problem.
Thanks,
Mike