splitting account (with child account) balances

chris ruppie30 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 16:26:37 EDT 2009

thanks for the example michael.

i took a look at the report file on my install and have decided to give up on this and stick with copy values from gnucash into a spreadsheet.  the reports seem way to complicated for me to sift through and learn how to modify/write.  no offense to gnucash, of coruse, most likely just a sign of my level of development knowledge.