importing pdf-invoices from email

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:35:53 EDT 2009

I am currently writing a new plugin for jGnucashLib
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jgnucashlib/index.php?title=Plugins/MailImportPlugin
that will allow importing transactions from certain pdf-invoices
not only from local files but also from emails (moving processed
emails to another folder).

At first I am only extending the existing plugin that
imports account-statements for people doing credit-card
-acceptance via Wirecard to also work on email but
I would like to hear some thoughts about what other kinds
of emails would make sense to process.

The interface does support text-only -email too so for
example automatic emails informing me of incoming paypal-payments
can be handled too.

So...what other kinds would you find useful?

Marcus