New problem - Re: Can't edit scheduled investment transactions

Tom Peterson thomas.tap.peterson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:05:51 EST 2009

Thanks.  Not enabling automatic creation now allows me to save the
edited Scheduled Transaction.  The transaction specifies that $425 is to
be drawn from my checking account and used to purchase the specified fund.

Now I'm having issues with creating the transaction. I set up the
transaction to be created 30 days in advance and then I perform  a
"Since Last Run..." command. The "Since Last Run..." window prompts for
a value so I enter 600 and press "OK". Gnucash clears the value I
entered and replaces it with "(Need Value)".  This seems to be a defect.

I next enter 600 again, press <tab>, and then press "OK".  Gnucash
creates the transaction but the 600 value is no where to be found. I am
then prevented from changing the fund price paid or the number of shares
purchased. For some unknown reason Gnucash wants the fund share price to
be $1 no matter what I try.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tom