Online Banking APPVER/APPID

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Mar 10 16:01:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Dennis Muhlestein wrote:
> I got a notice from my bank saying I was using Quicken 2006 and they
> were no longer going to support that.  Under expert settings in the OFX
> setup, I added APPID: QWIN APPVER 1600 to mimic Quicken 2007.  Does
> anybody know any other issues that might come up?  I'm assuming OFX is
> OFX and if AqBanking supports OFX 102 then it ought to work regardless
> of whether or not my bank knows if I'm using a "supported" app or not.

Of interest is that bank is in cahoots with the software company and forcing
you to update. This "third party forcing" is not legal in my jurisdiction and
may not be in yours either. If it is illegal, a short letter to the bank or
to the regulator may be all you need.

--
It is well known that *things* from undesirable universes are always seeking
an entrance into this one, which is the psychic equivalent of handy for the