How do I Hide Reconciled Transactions?

Christina Martin christina at airgeadstudio.net
Wed Mar 11 02:48:00 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Having suffered a catastrophic data loss, combined with changing
operating systems, I've been using GnuCash for just over a month to run
both personal accounts and also my small business.  I have to say that I
am very happy with what I've seen so far (having had to re-enter 8
months worth of business data).

A feature that I was very used to in my old accounting software was the
ability to hide reconciled transactions by default.  In GnuCash, I have
worked out how to do it temporarily using the filter, but I cannot
figure out how to set that as the default.

I have searched through the Mailing List Archives, and I can see that my
question was asked back in April 2003, and that at the time it could not
be set as the default.  Has anything changed in the nearly 6 years since
then?

Thanks in advance,

Christina Martin