Backup files not being purged

Dave Musicant musicant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:20:45 EDT 2009

I'm running GnuCash 2.2.9, under OS X 10.4, via an install through fink. I
seem to be witnessing an explosion of backup files (.xac and .log): none of
them are ever getting cleaned up. Despite the fact that my "Retain log
files" setting is set to 30 days, I'm seeing over two months worth of backup
files. I thought I'd check in with others first before filing this as a bug,
as this doesn't seem to be a common problem (based on web and email list
searches). Does anyone have the same problem, or alternatively, am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks for the info.

--
Dave Musicant