qif bug

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 13:43:00 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't forget to cc the list on your replies. (Reply All)
>
> Perfect. That log file tells me everything I need. While I work on the fix,
> could you upgrade your installation of GnuCash to the latest version
> (2.2.9)? There are a lot of important fixes since 2.2.6.
>
> I should have the fix completed quite soon. Perhaps today. Once that's
> done, I'll explain how to install the fix.

I've fixed the bug. It was a problem dealing with a backslash that you have
in a category name. The bug was very old, so no one must try that too often!

Once you've upgraded to 2.2.9, just find your installed copy of
qif-parse.scm and replace it with this newer one:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/qif-parse.scm?rev=17997&format=txt

A word of warning: if you can get Quicken to generate one giant QIF file
that includes everything, then that's what I'd recommend doing (less work
for you). If instead you have a bunch of QIF files (like one per account),
make sure you load them into the QIF importer all in one run. Please DON'T
try to import each QIF file on its own.

-Charles