Problems with getting online quotes

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 25 09:11:15 EDT 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 6:34 AM, wtanx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with getting online quotes with Yahoo of this mutual
> fund: http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IE0030618114EUR
>
> The error message I get is 'Impossible to get online quotes
> for ...' (I'm not sure this is the exact english message because I use
> italian translation of Gnucash)
>
> On the other hand, the functionality works perfectly when getting
> online
> quotes of stocks (i.e. http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ENEL.MI ).
>
> Thanks for any suggestion.
>

> Sandro Minello

At the moment, finance-quote doesn't support retrieval of mutual fund
quotes from yahoo Europe (since they switched from ticker symbol-like
codes to ISIN-based codes).

If you're using finance-quote 1.15 and want to try a patch I wrote for
this situation, see
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2008-November/027224.html

If you try the patch, you'll definitely want to make sure finance-
quote retrieves the right information. Most of the people who have
successfully used the patch are retrieving quotes for British funds
(zzzzGBP). There are some funds that have the same base ISIN, but can
end in either a national currency or EUR. I'm not positive that the
retrieval works for all those cases.

Dave
--
David Reiser